This semester was unlike any other. It started off great, with a lot of challenges, and just when things were finally going smoothly, a pandemic hit and everything changes. It sounds like the storyline for something like the Avatar. It was so hard to get used to online classes. Nothing was set in stone and things were changing every day drastically. It felt like I was going to have a great semester and the year was going really good too. I had so much planned and it feels like we jinxed ourselves by being too optimistic about the year somehow. The online classes took away the experience of really learning with classmates and making connections. Sometimes it was hard to be motivated about assignments even though I was excited and wanted to do them, procrastination hit hard. I went to Paris sick in January and came back sick. It lasted into early February. I was chronically sick. It wasn’t so serious that I needed to go to the hospital because I’ve always had respiratory issues so I was used to dealing with it till it ran its course. I wonder till know if my immune system was just weaker because it was winter or if it was COVID. But I don’t really care since I’m fine now, my immune system has been getting stronger since and I managed to get everything done for all my classes! *Woo hoo*
It was hard to record in the house. It was harder to focus and get into work mode. The first few weeks of the pandemic were really hard. I was anxious and afraid of my parents, friends and family going out to work still. I was worried about my boyfriend’s sick mom, and I was worried about myself with my trash immune system. But I quickly got rid of that fear by mediating and praying for everyone. I was better before my next therapist appointment so before she had the chance to make sure I was dealing with the pandemic fine, I let her know id handled it.
I still really enjoyed the projects we did for class. I wish we could’ve had lecture in person but I like being able to watch the recorded classes after. I feel like we would have learned more if it was in person, but I also believe we actually gained more knowledge by working on our own and having no choice but to figure things out and use whatever resources we were left with. I hope that next semester things can run smoothly with no big interruption, but this experience definitely made me become more confident and resolute.
While I’ve been cooped up here I made a podcast so I hope you’ll check it out and let me know what you think!
Classmates free to follow me on Insta and keep in touch! @B.cuphinata

No comments:
Post a Comment